Welcome to the Special Olympics Vermont Unified Champion Schools Portal! Here you can learn about the three components of the Unified Champion School: Whole School Engagement, Youth Leadership, and Inclusive Sports. You'll also find information for Program Coordinators, program management team members, coaches, and students.
Have questions? A member of our Program Team is ready to help! Please contact Rachel for assistance.
Rachel Hamm Vaughan
Program Services Manager
Upcoming Events for Unified Champion Schools
- 2017 Unified Champion School Soccer and Welcome Day Registration
- 2017 Unified Champion Schools Soccer & Welcome Day Event Guide
- Soccer Team Skills Assessment Toolkit
- Coaching Special Olympics Athletes - Quick Reference
- Article 1 of Sports Rules
One of the greatest advantages of being an accredited Special Olympics program is the brand awareness. All around the world, people recognize our name and know something about our mission. Special Olympics Vermont is committed to helping Local Programs look their best by becoming brand compliant.
The Special Olympics Resources page offers comprehensive guidelines for following the Special Olympics brand. Here are a few key resources:
- Language Guidelines
- Intellectual Disability Fact Sheet
- Ubuntu Font Guide
- Unified Champion Schools Branding Guidelines
- Branding Example Download
- People-First Language Guide
Special Olympics Vermont encourages Unified Champion Schools to seek financial support form their communities to offset the cost of training and competition opportunities. Please fill out the Fundraising Project Application prior to your event.